Friday, February 3, 2012

Anticipating a Birthday



February is my birth month.  


It's a sketchy month in New England -- so I'm usually fighting my winter blues all month and feeling funny about aging.


Well, this year is even trickier.  I'm turning 50.  


In addition to spending a lot of time looking back, thinking about what is ahead, and trying desperately to live in the moment, I'm just plain old longing for warmer weather, green things growing, and time by the sea.  So, here are a few shots from the ocean visits I had last year -- to cheer and remind me of places I want to see when the weather warms up. 


Martha's Vineyard in June
Morning low tide, Southwest Harbor, Maine


Beneath a building on the water in Eastport, Maine

Still under that building in Eastport, Maine

Ivy growing under a building in Eastport, Maine

3 comments:

  1. I know Eliot said that April is the cruelest month, but here in New England, I do believe February vies for that distinction (March puts up a good fight, too). Among the few bright lights that pierce February's grey, though, is your birthday--and what a light it is.

    xoxo Gigi

    P.S. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet friend, thank you for that! I do find this New England middle of winter business (Feb, March, April) a bit much. When/where I was growing up, February was the beginning of spring. Imagine that!
    Kisses and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And doesn't it feel ridiculous to call April winter . . . yet it is!!!

    ReplyDelete