Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Window for the New Year


I've been back in the studio for a little creativity before the semester starts.  There are several pieces but only one is ready for viewing (actually, they are all grouted but I finished two of them after dark and couldn't photograph them properly).  So here is a picture of the window that I completed before the sun set:

This piece is 3' by 2.5' and looks wonderful in my front window -- though I will be selling it through Artisan's Way in Concord, MA (in case you like it). I will have to live with it for a while, though -- it's so hard to let them go at first!
I've got another window and a lamp to finish up this week. I'll post pictures when they're done.
Happy new year to all.

3 comments:

  1. Ohohohohoho! This is nice. Were you able to sell it? I really like the color contrast you had going on at the trunk: pink, orange, and olive, if I’m right. I love how it shines in the light!

    Roxie Tenner @ WindowTreatmentsPhiladelphia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Roxie! It did sell -- and I miss it a bit :)
    Yes, you're right about the colors -- I was playing around with all the colors I see in nature that seem so audacious, but just right.

    ReplyDelete